WE NEED PROFESSORS!
One of the best, most tangible ways you can help is to become a professor, instructor or visiting military
member in VMI and spend time with the cadets! Please contact the Commandant, Capt. Hiram Curnutt to apply. Email him at email@example.com or phone at 425.418.5186
1. A basic School of the Soldier (manual of arms).
2. A basic School of the Company.
3. How to recognize the
various officer ranks and the honors paid to those officers.
4. How to determine which branch of service a soldier serves
in. (artillery, infantry, etc.,)
5. The proper way for 1860s cadet to address elders, ladies, soldiers and others.
6. An abbreviated unit history of the member units of the WCWA.
7. Battlefield safety and camp skills.
CADET UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS
Fatigue or Summer Dress (optional)
Gray Forage Cap or Kepi
White (cotton) or Gray Cadet Trousers
Gray Cadet Shell Jacket
Crimson Sash *
Cadet Sword (inoperable)
* Sash may be worn with the Summer uniform for parade and by NCOs at all times.
number of uniform options are available. Please contact me if you have questions. We have loaner muskets and some jackets.